Belo Monte HPP in Figures
Belo Monte HPP
- 11,233.1 MW of installed capacity
- 4,571 average MW of physical guarantee
- 35 years of concession to build and operate the Plant (initial date: August 2010).
Main Powerhouse - Belo Monte
- 18 Generator Units with Francis turbines. Installed capacity: 11,000 MW
- Until December 2017, the electromechanical assembly of the equipment reached the mark of 80.71 thousand tons
Complementary Powerhouse - Pimental
- 6 Generator Units with Bulbo turbines. Installed capacity: 233.1 MW.
- 18 spillway gates, with a flow capacity of 62,000 m3 / s.
- 16.23 thousand tons of equipment
Works – Civil Construction
- 3 million cubic meters of concrete were used to make this giant of the electric sector a reality.
- More than 30,000 jobs generated during the work phase.