Belo Monte HPP in Figures
Belo Monte HPP
- 11,233.1 MW of installed capacity
- 4,571 average MW of physical guarantee
- 35 year concession to build and operate the Plant (start date: August 2010).
Main Powerhouse - Belo Monte
- 18 Generator with Francis-type turbines. Installed capacity: 11,000 MW
- In December 2017, the electromechanical assembly of the equipment had reached the milestone of 80,710 tons.
Supplementary Powerhouse - Pimental
- 6 Generator with Bulb-type turbines. Installed capacity: 233.1 MW.
- 18 spillway floodgates, with a discharge capacity of 62,000 m3 / s.
- 16,230 tons of equipment
Works – Civil Engineering
- Three million cubic meters of concrete were used to bring this power sector giant to life.
- Over 30,000 jobs were generated during the construction phase.