Belo Monte Social Monitoring Forum
The Belo Monte HPP Social Monitoring Forum (FASBM) is a participatory space for dialogue created by Norte Energia in 2011 in order to answer questions and exchange information on the Belo Monte HPP.
In periodic events, such as meetings, workshops or technical visits, representatives of the communities, civil society, local governments, IBAMA and other stakeholders check on the progress of venture-related works.
In addition to the Collegiate body, the group that lends the greatest number of participants, FASBM also includes the following commissions and committees that discuss specific topics:
- Volta Grande do Xingu Commission
- Main and Intermediate Reservoirs Comission
- Affected Population Support Plan Commission
- Fishing and Aquaculture Commission
- Collective Urban Resettlement Project Monitoring Committee