Belo Monte Social Monitoring Forum
The Belo Monte HPP Social Monitoring Forum (FASBM) is a participatory space for dialogue created by Norte Energia in 2011 in order to answer questions and exchange information on the Belo Monte HPP.
In periodic events, such as meetings, workshops or technical visits, representatives of the communities, civil society, local governments, IBAMA and other stakeholders check on the progress of venture-related works. In 2017 alone, a total of 24 events were held, accounting for the gathering of almost 600 people.
In addition to the Collegiate body, the group that lends the greatest number of participants, FASBM also includes the following commissions and committees that discuss
- Volta Grande do Xingu Integrated Management Plan Commission
- Affected Population Support Plan Commission
- Socioeconomic and Cultural Plans, Programs and Projects Commission
- Physical and Biotic Plans, Programs and Projects Commission
- Fishing and Aquaculture Commission
- Cocoa Technical Commission
- Vessel Transposition System (STE) Monitoring Committee
- Collective Urban Resettlement Project Monitoring Committee